Welcome fellow friends and bloggers. I am Happy to announce that Pattyspaperback’s has been nominated for the Liebster award!!! I want to give a big shout out and thank you to The Hopeful Ones that nominated me on Oct 29th, 2014. What follows is the answers to her 11 questions that she has asked and my 11 nominations for the Liebster Award!! Because of course I am accepting it!! For more info on the nomination or the award hit the links above.
My 11 Questions Answered:
1. Which books remind you of the 4 seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter)? Name 1 for each.
When I think of spring I think of growth and renewal and rebirth. Bend not Break by Ping Fu shows the incredible obstacles that Ping Fu overcame to become a successful business woman in spite of her background and childhood. She has been much scrutinized and challenged on the truthfulness of her memoir, but if even half of it was true she was a remarkable woman!!
Ahh, Summer is my favorite season. I pick Nancy Thayer’s Island Girls.
I think for fall I chose The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. It is a novel about an older couple in the Autumn of their lives. Very romantic!!
Winter brings to mind Leo Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina, the cold Russian Winter and this lengthy book to keep you occupied.
2. What book would you read with your friends at a sleepover or a group hang-out?
My friends and I love books about the low country. I think Dorthea Benton Frank’s The Hurricane Sisters, because we read all the Dorthea Benton Frank books and we haven’t read it yet!!!
3. What book has the most embarrassing cover that you had to hide it from people when you were reading it?
I am both a little embarrassed and ashamed to say that I read Fifty Shades of Grey on my Kindle. I wanted to see what all the hype was about.
4. If you had to read one book over and over again for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is tough, because I hate to read anything twice, maybe Memoirs of a Geisha. It is one of my all time favorite Asian stories.
5. Since Halloween is near…what book scared you the most?
I think that the scariest books I have ever read were all Stephen King book’s. Carrie, Christine, and Salem’s Lot which I read way back in junior high and high school.
6. Which book has the most beautiful cover in your opinion?
This is a tough question. So many beautiful books these days. Sara Jio’s Violets of March also has a beautiful cover.
7. Which book would you want to catch your crush reading?
Hmm. Definitely something romantic like Persuasion, Emma or The Age of Innocence. A guy who is not afraid of romance and the classics. (My man would not be caught dead doing this, however when he was off during the day he used to watch the soaps!!!! Busted!!)
8. I know this has been asked many times before but I really want to know which book world you want to live in?
I would like to be a part of the Tudor court or Charles Dickens’ England, only if I could be rich though and not get my head chopped off!!
9. If you could, can you name a book and a type of food that would go well together? HAHA
At Least You’re in Tuscany was a great book and should be read while eating a ginormous bowl of authentic italian pasta, italian bread and top it off with a large piece of tiramisu. ( Can you tell I am dieting again??)
10. Think of your favorite song. Now, which book goes well to match it?
Oh boy, I’m not sure about this one. My music taste is very different than the books I read. My favorite song is Bailando. I like dance pop music. A little racy and a little dirty and very catchy. Kinda sounds like a disease. LOL. Another favorite is MKTO’s American Dream it is a satirical song about life. This song reminds me of how Henrietta’s cells unknowingly are used and she never gets compensated. She got a raw deal for sure!!
11. Lastly, what book do you want people to associate with you and remember you by? I am a classic girl at heart and my all time favorite book is from my childhood. I still love The Secret Garden. It is so young and innocent and fresh.
1. What is the next book you want to read and why?
2. What is your favorite classic book?
3. If you could be an author who would you be?
4. What book character would you like to be and why?
5. What type of books do you like to read on vacation?
6. Name the longest book you have ever read.
7. Which books represent each of the emotions of happiness, sadness, anger and surprise for you?
8. What do you think is the best movie based on a book?
9. How many books have you read?
10. Name one book you didn’t finish and why.
11. Explain why you enjoy reading.
Do you accept the challenge? Pass it on!!
These are my 11 nominations:
I hope that you have enjoyed reading this and have learned a little more about me!!!